The Transformational Power of Co-operatives
This series of five webinars will focus on what co-operative can offer and how we can support their development in Northern Ireland.
Co-operatives are a vehicle for transforming local economic development – a business model that allows people and communities to meet their needs and aspirations. Co-operatives offer a unique answer to contemporary problems – a space where solidarity and mutual aid are valued, and where economic pursuits are embedded within considerations of the communities and the planet in which we live.
The webinars are for anyone involved in economic and community development and for people interested in hearing first-hand experiences from new emerging co-ops in Northern Ireland and beyond. We welcome policy makers and Government and Council officials involved in economic development, regeneration and business support. This series is also aimed to any activists and co-operators who may want to set up alternative models to answer the needs of their communities, their enterprises or being inspired by local co-operators.
The webinars are all ONLINE. To register https://coop-alternatives-webinars-2020.eventbritestudio.com/
- Co-operatives and the Local Economy on Tue 29th Sept 2020 12.00-2.00
- Saving and Generating Energy – the Co-operative Way on Tue 6th Oct 2020, 300pm to 5.00pm
- workers and employee-owned Co-operatives – The Future of Work on Tue 27th Oct 2020, 12.00 -2.00
- Caring Co-operatives: Co-operatives in Social care on Tue 10th Nov 2020, 12.00 to 2.00
- Community-Led Housing and Housing Co-ops on Tue 24th Nov 2020, 12.oo to 2.00.
To register visit https://coop-alternatives-webinars-2020.eventbritestudio.com