The Community Shares, Ready! Project aims to help Northern Ireland groups prepare for a share offer. This project was commissioned by the Building Change Trust http://www.buildingchangetrust.org/ in 2013 and Co-operative Alternatives is delivering it until 2018. Free, hands-on advice is offered to help groups decide if a share offer is for them. Contact us on 028 90736075 to arrange a visit .
This can include:
- Introductions to other groups who have done something similar
- Developing/reviewing a business plan and financial forecasts
- Building an engagement strategy with your communities and potential social investors
- Help to legally register or convert to a Community Benefit Society
- Board mentoring and training
- Advice on governance
- Help to write your share offer document
- Feedback on best practice such as the Community Shares Compliance Mark.
Expert advice is available from a number of mentors including Tiziana O’Hara and Jo Bird.
View Tiziana’s profile http://www.coopalternatives.coop/members/tiziana-ohara/