Co-operative Alternatives is Northern Ireland’s leading agency promoting the growth and development of co-operative organisations. Our team offer extensive expertise in the co-operative model: including set up and registration, funding, legal issues, marketing, training and business development.
Society Registration Support:
The registration process can be cumbersome but our team has worked on numerous co-operative registrations and can help you cut through the red tape, saving you time and money – especially compared to solicitors’ fees, which are not required.
We offer face to face support and include a check of legal documents as part of our service. We will work with you to accurately complete the required documentation and submit this on your behalf. This service is available for groups based in the Republic of Ireland as well as the North.
Society Secretarial Service:
Ideal for co-operatives of any size and across all sectors.
The Secretarial service includes:
- Provision of well-planned agendas and clear minutes for board meetings
- Keeping a minute book and record proceeding for all meetings
- Dealing with queries from your members and Society board members
- Maintaining up to date Register for all members, keeping a Register of Directors and Officers
- Sending the Annual return to Registrar in the prescribed form
- Taking the stress out of your AGM and assisting you with Annual Reports and accounts, and working alongside you for a smoothly run AGM event
Support for the Board:
- Training for Directors can be essential in the development of the organisation ensuring legal compliance, proper governance and cohesion within the group.
- Co-option of new directors onto the board. We can assist in sourcing director with relevant skills required by the organisation.
Co-op Health Check:
- We can run a check on the organisation including a review of the rules, governance and accounts. We can also run a skills audit and code of governance health check for the board.
- One of the most positive things about being a co-operative, is that your members could passionately support you. Find out ways to harness that power to drive income generation, reduce costs, and revitalise governance.
There are many ways to raise needed funds for start-up, growth or replacing onerous debts. We are experts in setting up Community Share offers, Loan Stock, crowdfunding and accessing funded programmes. We can explain the different social finance options that you may wish to consider, discuss the pros and cons and help you find the best choices for your organisation. We can also assist in applications for funded support programmes.
Community Shares Offer Support:
- Writing share offer
- Community Shares Standard Mark
- Administering share offer
- Tax Relief and HMRC
- Establish and maintain share register
All payments can be made via Paypal. Our updated pricing model will be available soon.
Until then, get in touch by
Phone: 07858 317634