Give co-ops a try – Community Ownership Fund – community shares as match funding?
The Community Ownership Fund Round 3 Window 1 is re-opening again on 30 August. This fund will:
- Support community groups to take ownership of assets, which are at risk of being lost to the community.
- Support community groups where the asset is already in community ownership but needs essential renovations to be sustainable for the long-term benefit of the community.
- Strengthen community ownership across the UK, including NI.
- Strengthen the social infrastructure that helps communities to thrive.
The prospectus and guidelines are available here:
Community Ownership Fund: prospectus – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) and some general guidelines and support available here Community Ownership Fund – MyCommunity.
Co-operative Alternatives can offer specialised support to any group/organisation based in Northern Ireland. In particular, if you are interested in find out more about community benefit societies and community shares, as match funding.
Please book a one-hour clinic with our advisor at Co-operative Alternatives – firstname.lastname@example.org
Key dates to note:
- Expression of Interest stage – always open.
- Round 3 Bidding Window 1 – 30 August – 11 October 2023.
- Applications must be submitted by 11:59am on each bidding window’s respective closing date.
- There will be 4 bidding windows each year at regular intervals.
- March 2025 – Fund closes.